Project Management Software is a tool used to make optimum utilization of the resources within an organization. It assists in the management of employee data, time records, information of past and present clients as well as organizing tasks based on prospective projects. Why should one utilize a Project Management Software? Project management tools are very helpful and cut down on labor costs – which saves time and expense of the organization.
The 6 advantages of using Project Management Software are:
1. Overcoming challenge
Any project taken up faces several challenges –from putting together the best team to get the job done in a timely manner while making maximum use of the resources at hand and working on a budget. A good Project Management Software helps an organization overcome these challenges to ensure smooth flow of work right from the start to the end. With the help of a well-established network, employees can –
- work together
- schedule their work logs to avoid delays
- make faster task updates
- know project related risks and mitigate them
- track budgets
2. Better Communication
- The Project Management Software helps employees to communicate with each other on a real-time basis, collaborate ideas and share work easily. Since project management tools are web enabled, users can access data, make changes, edit and update projects anywhere, and share information with team members. Employees within the organization based in different locations can easily work together by sharing data and files with ease.
- A good Project Management Software can be accessed through mobile and smartphone applications thereby making it convenient for employees and managers to access data even without a laptop.
3. Better resource management
- Project management tools bring transparency and visibility– both for the managers leading the as well as employees working on the projects. Resources across the globe within the organization can be managed efficiently, thus reducing time and energy. For example, if an organization with an office in Europe is working with its employees based in India, all team members, irrespective of geographical boundaries can access resources properly as well as communicate with each other thereby enabling proper resource management. Project managers can easily keep a tab on the status of the work done, budget related to the project, the amount of time being billed to the organization and client etc.
- Digitizing information and keeping it in a centrally located, easy to access, database enables simple navigation and time-saving. This time saved can be put to better use at the tasks at hand.
4. Increased employee efficiency
Using a proper Project Management Software leads to an overall increase in employee efficiency as:
- Employeescan make real-time reports which enable their project managers to maintain a hold on their work; these reports help employees to view their efficiency levels as data pertaining to the breakup of cost and time of each individual employee is collected.
- Based on these reports, managers can put together the best team associated with a project as data helps them analyze the strengths of each of the employees, therefore enabling them to assign tasks accordingly to save costs and time, and increase efficiency amongst the employees.
- Employees work together on projects with team members that complement their energy and thus a combined effort of such a team creates the best synergy required to execute a project as well as lead to individual employee growth.
5. Easier Planning
- Project management tools help in the better planning of time as the software helps to create time schedules which make it easier to track the tasks undertaken by employees. Further, these time schedules are easy to update and a single employee can add several others as part of the team resource on a project, thereby reducing the time and laborious energy.
- Project managers can plan tasks, even prospective tasks with ease. This software possesses a complete overview by way of a dashboard that provides all the necessary information pertaining to the time and resources of various projects.
- With the help of data recorded, the project management tools enable a manager to be strategic in his planning of projects, assigning members of the team to tasks and utilizing resources optimally.
- Employees, as well as managers, have access to reports that highlight the time spent on tasks and projects; therefore, helping the organization understand how effectively and efficiently resources were utilized. This helps the organization to reduce and mitigate mistakes for future deliverables.
6. Cost Saving
- For all kinds of organizations – small, mid-sized as well as large, the Project Management Software is a great tool to reduce and save on overall costs while delivering maximum output. Despite the software being an expensive (but affordable) investment, the returns on it are high in terms of increased employee efficiency leading to better output and therefore higher revenue churning.
- The software lessens the need for human intervention – instead of having more manual energies keeping a tab on projects and tasks carried out by employees, the software integrates all the data and is at the fingertips of the entire organization.
- It cuts down on time spent by employees to log in data and maintain records, as it centralizes everything while enabling broad access. This, therefore, gives employees to put in more time on tasks at hand. Reduction in time leads to a reduction in cost – and cost saved equals higher revenue outputs and better reach towards organizational goals.
Exactlly has very comprehensive project management tools. The Exactlly Project Management Software offers user-friendly features to make complex tasks a simple process while being an affordable and go-to option by users in the market. The Exactlly Project Management Software has helped several clients across the globe to standardize processes within the organization and centralize all records and database at ease. These tools, therefore, increase overall results within the organization by ensuring optimum utilization of resources.