Employee onboarding process is the integration or absorption of a new recruit in the culture of the company. Although the onboarding process meaning does not only circumnavigate to a person, but it also refers to the training of new hires with the tools needed to make the person acquainted with the place. The employee onboarding process is considered to be a critical process as it requires the proper selection of talented individuals expected to be productive and contented.
In a lot of organizations, recruitment onboarding is often confused with the process of orientation. Orientation, in fact, is a necessary way of registering the recruitment through proper documentation where every routine task of paperwork must be completed. Onboarding is an extensive process that involves the functionality of employees of at least 12 months.
At the time of the onboarding process, employers have to answer certain questions. These answers are useful in building a competent team that will be matched to the standards of the management protocols. Some of these questions revolve around:
- The inception of the onboarding process
- The duration of the onboarding process
- The impression on new recruits after 1st day
- What the new recruits need to know about the work environment
- The roles of HR managers, direct managers & co-workers.
- Goals to set for new employees.
- The way to get feedback on the onboarding program for measuring its success
Only after answering questions on these guidelines, the organization’s HR professionals and management can structure the plan of action so that the companies can assimilate the policies with the newly recruits and the latter get insightfully acquainted with the organizational culture.
Recruiting is a midnight oil burning kind of process that takes around months for selecting the right candidate. A hasty process generally ends up with the need for a replacement sooner than later. So, as an HR professional, ready your onboarding process document with these following employee onboarding process tips.
The Perfect Way of Enhancing Your Company’s New Employee Onboarding Process Flow:
Here are 5 onboarding process steps to make your employees feel a part of the organization from day 1.
1. Announcing the recruitment
Your company just hired a talented individual, so tell the others about it. The team where he or she will be absorbed needs to know first. You can also include a small amount of information about the new hire and what made her or him a perfect selection for the position in team. This will help the other existing teammates to understand how they can connect with the person. Not all people are comfortable to crack the ice by themselves so the management can arrange for an informal meeting or a small fun session for the new recruit to know people.
2. The period before joining
Keep the channel of communication always open with your selected candidate. You can send them any paperwork to save time on formalities on the day of joining, or you can send them messages as to what they can expect on the day of their joining. This way, as an HR, you will be injecting in them, a sense of belonging that will help them to begin their work with your company at a comfortable edge.
3. Tell them about the hierarchy
It is important to know about which project communication is channelized through whom. Learning about the formal authority even before joining, gives a clear picture of the new recruit's efficiency & grit in the job. Help your new employees understand the hierarchical positions and the details of their importance and responsibilities.
4. Bust the jargon for them
Your company may use certain terminology that is exclusive to the brand. Also called jargons, they vary from workplace to workplace. The acronyms, the synonyms that are used, the jokes, or the funny phrases that are cracked may make the new joint feel like the odd one out if he or she gets no idea about the core of them.
5. Explain the rules of engagement
It is the duty of every HR to explain the rules of engagement in a job across industry. An HR must spend a good amount of time in this aspect of the employee onboarding process so that the etiquette and rules of the corporate team is well-articulated to the new joinee.
The importance of HR software in employee onboarding
An HR management system extends the needed technical assistance to the HR professional. Employee onboarding is indeed a critical job and in the case of bulk recruitment, the restraints become more tenacious. So, for a challenging phase like this, the versatile support of a competent HR management software comes as a boon.
An HR Management Software eases the onboarding process
- Provides skill and role clarity to the new recruits through accurate self-assessment chart
- With a place in the common interface, the new recruit will be to get a clear glimpse of the team members’ activities and functionality curve promoting better employee bonding
- With the clear picture of the initial performance of the employee, the management can strategize for the new employee’s goal thereafter
- Feedbacks can be automatically collected from new hires through HRMS
- HRMS can cut down the toil of paperwork by allowing the authorization formalities to be completed digitally
- HRMS allows easy introduction of the new employee across the multiple departments
- Sets clear expectations for the new employee from the beginning.
Exactlly HRMS Makes It Easy
Exactlly's trail-blazing management support features for the HR precinct of the companies has garnered the likes of more than 40,000 customers globally, spread across more than 17 countries. Meeting all the customer-specific requirements, Exactlly HRMS has proved to be a worthy partner of competent internal growth for businesses. Got onboarding challenges? Make Exactlly your trusted digital extension for easy HR administration.